Monday, January 20, 2014

Upcoming Transfer and a Photo

Our district picture - I'm in the middle.




Hey Everyone!

Well, too late for me to not get my hopes up on the house!! When you send me an email where the subject is "We finally got an offer!" my hopes have already skyrocketed by the time I get to the second sentence warning me not to do just that. So next time reverse the order of those two, mom!

Wow, where to start... well first of all I can't believe a week has already gone by again. Every day is just flying by and I can't keep up! Today marks my two months on my mission, and Wednesday is my first transfer. I can't believe how fast everything is happening... My new companion will get here on Wednesday, and his name is Elder Haynie. So finally my weird situation of being in a trio and having two areas will finally be rectified. I can finally get on a regular schedule again!

By tonight I should have a baptismal date for M*****, one of the investigators I've been teaching. I believe I've already disclosed most of the details pertaining to this particular individual, but if not then I'll bring you all up to speed. He's 13 and he wants to be baptized. You've all been brought up to speed! I can't wait - this will be my first baptism. J***** F***** was baptized while I was here, but she already had a baptismal date by the time I met her. So I'm excited that I actually am having an active part in making this one happen. I also had an investigator come to sacrament meeting yesterday, whose name is K****** and he is thinking about baptism, but he's unsure. He's 10 years old so he really doesn't know what he wants at this point. He wants to see an actual baptism before he makes a decision, so hopefully that will be M******'s baptism if everything goes well.

Most of my week consisted of helping my 2 companions' investigator, who is struggling with alcohol and smoking right now. We're pretty much running around doing all her errands since she fell down her stairs while she was slightly intoxicated and split her skull open. We got there just in time to help her get into a taxi to get her the hospital. She also sprained her ankle so she can't go anywhere so we help her out a lot. I feel really bad for her - she's a really good person, she's just struggling right now.

Well I'm really starting to realize I'm really bad at writing emails home because I've noticed they keep getting shorter and shorter... but email time seems to be getting shorter and shorter too. 
My district took some really awesome district pictures, so here ya go!

Love, Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment