Monday, August 4, 2014

Developing Talents and Papa Returning Home



Doing some manly gardening for Mama
Waiting for Elder Whittingslow
The bridge to the lighthouse
The lighthouse
I don't always look so indifferent - they keep snapping pictures when I'm not expecting it.
There are some really cool bunkers from the World Wars in this area.
Hi Mom!

Well the bad thing about being in a Facebook mission is that there really aren't any surprises for those back home... So yes! Elder Whittingslow is back in the mission! My Papa came back home! Crazy part is that he is in my District now! He took Elder Slaughter's place who was emergency transferred a couple of weeks ago. So Elder Whittingslow and I are going to see a lot of each other now! We have a lot of catching up to do. It's strange since I have been out longer than my trainer now, only by a week or so but I'm still older than my daddy! Now we are going to go home at the same time, which is really weird to think about... but it's also pretty cool!

So I have taken it upon myself to develop some new talents while I'm on my mission. I've been thinking about it lately and I realized I don't have a particular set of skills or special talents, so I'm going to work on that while I'm on my mission! I have decided to undertake the process of learning how to play the piano! I'm working on learning how to read sheet music right now. I figured since I'm not musically inclined, that's something I can work on! Any sort of tips or advice are more than welcome. Also I'm learning a little bit of ASL (American Sign Language) from Elder Hansen. So I have all sorts of projects I'm working on out here!

Well Elders Randall, Sacco, Meiners and I went and helped our investigator, L*******, out with her house. Some tree roots found there way into her plumbing and her house flooded. Worse part of it all is she may or may not have a slight hoarding problem.....so there were many things that got damaged by the water. We went over to try to help her salvage what survived and clean up around her house. She was very grateful for the much needed assistance and as a result, she was at church yesterday, and I don't think she has made it to church before then. See what a little bit of reaching out can do for people? Mom, I really enjoyed the story of the Elders helping their investigator move and then her decision to be baptized as a result of it. Some people just need someone to reach out to them and know they care. Service for others really goes a long way - that's why I love service so much.

Well I have to wrap it up since the other Elders are waiting on me. We are going to the beach again and this time the whole zone is going to be there instead of just three of us. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hayden Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment