Monday, March 3, 2014

Seeing Potential and a Transfer

M***** baptism - my first official baptism!





Friends! Family! Salutations!

So I had my first official baptism on Friday! VITTORIA! M****** got baptized and then confirmed yesterday. I was soo happy! His uncle was able to make it and baptize him. I'm glad he was able to be there to do it, it meant a lot more to M****** that someone he looks up to was able to baptize him instead of some random missionary. I stood in the circle to confirm him, which in itself was a privilege. And yes, dear mother, I took pictures, but my email time is already short enough as it is! So I will send them when I get Facebook in a week or so. 

I'm so psyched that Elder Moore is in the MTC now! Fresno is about to get rocked! It's so cool that Elder Hamrick and Elder Moore are in the MTC at the same time. I'm pretty jealous! The only person who I knew in the MTC was a girl I knew from my EFY company. But I met some amazing people there, so that was a great opportunity for me!

Well I've been pretty sick lately since I've been biking around in the rain all the time. It just pours buckets of rain and we're riding our bikes in it! It must be a ridiculous sight to see us riding our bikes without handlebars, just cruising around singing to ourselves, in the pouring rain. But I will have a car pretty soon. I'm being transferred to Fairfield tomorrow night. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm excited to meet new people and to be in a new area, but I'm going to miss the people I've met and I'm going to miss living so close by the beach. Here's my address mom - I know how much you enjoy Google mapping where I live. 1242 Dana Dr., Fairfield, California. You're an expert when it comes to creepy surveillance. I'm not sure what the apartment number it is yet, but I'm sure you can figure it out. You excel in such things. Well I don't know much about the area I'm going to, but I know I'm getting a car and my comps name is Elder Kimball. Elder Haynie has said positive things about the area. I will actually be near other missionaries! I won't be banished anymore. I will live near more than 5 missionaries! That'll be really weird.

Well yesterday at church it was fast and testimony meeting and the D***** family was there. They are a part member family that we've been seeing. (Brother D***** was actually my very first lesson I taught on my mission.) So they were there and both of the D***** girls got up and bore their testimonies and it was such a special thing for me. Elder Haynie and I were freaking out when M***** got up. And when A***** got up after that we were just fighting not to jump up and dance around. It's just so amazing how much you love people on your mission. After meeting someone for only 10 minutes I've learned to love them so much. I just see the potential in them, and who they could be if they had a little help. If I come home from my mission having gained only one thing, it would be that - just developing a sincere love for people.

Well this week was a little less eventful than normal - the baptism and transfers being the main things. Right now my life is just packing and getting ready for my new area. We have a lot of appointments and dinners coming up in the next couple of days. Since I'm leaving, people really want to eat with us or have us come over. Then I have to embark on a 6-hour car ride to the mission home. I'm trying to get excited about this but it doesn't seem to be working. Well I'll email my new address in its entirety when I know what it is. Love all around!

Love, Elder Hayden Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment